(Art by John Sherlock Hershey)
Wednesday October 31, 2012 will be a very busy day for traffic as there are many events taking place.
* San Francisco Giants Parade – 11AM-1PM – Embarcadero to Civic Center via Market Street
* Halloween Festivities in Sausalito – 4:30PM-6:30PM – Most of the activities will be taking place on Caledonia Street.
* Many bars and restaurants in and around the San Francisco Bay Area will be extremely busy all day and evening with Giants and Halloween festivities which will add to traffic and pedestrian congestion.
* Public Transportation will be at maximum levels too.
* Allow extra time for commuting to and from work.
* Law Enforcement in many areas will be at maximum staffing and DUI enforcement as well.
*Expect delays in both directions across the Golden Gate Bridge.*
For those driving into San Francisco, via the Golden Gate Bridge, the bridge will remain four (4) lanes SOUTH into San Francisco through 9:30 am, the time at which the Bridge is normally changed to three (3) lanes southbound and three (3) lanes northbound. Beginning at approximately 4 pm, the lane configuration will be changed to four (4) northbound and two (2) southbound.
The Bay Bridge and San Rafael Bridge will also experience increased traffic levels throughout the day, as well as Highway 101 and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard too.
Please travel safe and use safety precautions during this busy day and evening.
* Do not leave valuables or items in plain sight within your vehicle.
* Remember the iPhone is the number one stolen item in San Francisco and many times its taken by force or fear, so keep your iPhone and other valuables safe and be aware of your surroundings at all times. If using your phone step out of the main stream and make your call in a safe and controlled environment.